5 Prayer Guidelines
grow in intimacy with Father and the easier it will get. Ruach (the Holy Spirit) will start to lead and guide you and reveal many things to you as you continue to grow in your intercession. Do not miss this opportunity to partner with Christ and see things begin to change in your world.
- The Lord ’s Prayer
In Matthew 6:9-13 and in Luke 11:2-4 we read of Yeshua teaching his disciples how they should pray after they asked. This popular Scripture is known as The Lord’s Prayer and is an amazing teaching tool. As you read this Scripture, let it soak into your heart and begin to talk to God honestly and openly. He created you, loves you, and wants to hear from you! Use the Lord's Prayer as a way to walk through communicating with God! We recommend that you study each line and get a fresh revelation of just how powerful this prayer is.
- Addressing God’s rightful place as the Father;
Our Father, who art in heaven;
- Pray in the ‘spirit’
We have a heavenly prayer language that enables you to always pray perfect prayers in harmony with God’s will, which is to bless you with good and perfect gifts (see James 1:17). This includes divine wisdom, the building up of your spirit and your faith, healing for your body, and wholeness for your mind. Praying in tongues gives you access to all these blessings and enables you to pray without ceasing. This is why God wants you to receive and utilize this powerful grace gift. It’s one gift with many applications and benefits! If you do not have this gift we recommend that you ask God for it, as it will take your prayer life from 1st to 5th gear and has so many benefits:
1.It releases rivers of practical supply and life into your situations in God’s own words, and releases angels to help you walk out your ‘scroll’ by God’s command. (Angels understand tongues)
2. It makes your prayer life powerful and unlimited (Rom. 8:26–27; Rom. 8:28)
3. It builds up your faith (Jude 1:20–21; John 7:38–39; John 7:38–39; Eph. 6:16, Isa. 54:17)
4.It brings divine healing and health to your body and mind (1 Corinthians 14:4. 1 Cor. 6:19, 1 Corinthians 14:4)
It helps you overcome fears ((1 John 4:18; Jude 1:20–21; 1 John 4:18; Timothy 1:6–7; 2 Timothy 1:6–7; 1 Cor. 12:4)
- Pray scripture
We have found through our own experiences that praying scripture is a lot more powerful than just praying our own words and there are plenty of reasons why:
- Yeshua IS the Word.(John 1:1-2, 14)
2. Yeshua often prayed scripture, especially when addressing the enemy (Matthew 4:1-11)
3. The apostles and early church prayed scriptures.(Book of Acts; Acts 4:23-31)
4. All scripture is inspire by God and it is His will (2 Timothy 3:16-17; John 5:14-15)
5. Scripture teaches us God’s will for His Kingdom (Knowing what is on God’s heart). (John 6:38, John 14:10, John 13:34-35, 1 Timothy 2:1-4, Matthew 9:37-38, John 17:20-26)
6. Scripture teaches God’s will for our place in His Kingdom. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-17, Philippians 2:13, Isaiah 30:21, Isaiah 48:17, Psalm 86:11, Psalm 119:105, Romans 12:2)
7. God’s Word allows us to pray the blessings and purposes of God for ourselves and others. (1 Timothy 4:12, Numbers 6:24-26, 2 Thessalonians 3:5, 16; Romans 15:13, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)
8 .Praying the Word gives us confidence and power in our prayer. (John 15:7, Matthew 21:22, 1 John 5:14-15)
9. The Word of God gives us a beautiful, full, rich vocabulary of prayer. (Psalm 145 and the rest of the book of Psalms)
10. The Word of God helps us to keep our prayer lives fresh and exciting. (Hebrews 4:12, John 15:7) and is flawless. (Psalm 12:6, Psalm 18:30)
13. The Word of God will stand forever. (Luke 21:33, 1 Peter 1:25, Psalm 119:89)
14. Praying the Word of God helps us to develop an intimate relationship with Him and a desire to know Him better. (Psalm 63:1-8)
15. His Word reminds us to stay focused upon Him in prayer. (Psalm 141:8a, 2 Chronicles 20:12c)
16. Praying the Word, which is the sword of the Spirit, gives us authority to stand against the enemy. (Ephesians 6:10-18, Psalm 44:5, Psalm 8:2)
17. Praying the Word of God and hearing it prayed, builds our faith in God’s ability to hear and answer. (Romans 10:17, James 5:15)
18. Praying the Word of God allows the Holy Spirit to work in and through us. (Ephesians 6:17, John 14:26) and gives us an expression of confession for our sinful natures. (Luke 18:13)
19. Praying the Word of God protects us from sin. (Psalm 119:11)
20. Praying the Word helps us to pray about our own obedience to the Word. (Psalm 119:33-37, James 1:22) and praying the Word out loud brings blessing when we obey what we hear.
21. His Word will always accomplish what He desires. (Isaiah 55:11) and also promises of His Word encourage and uplift us. (Joshua 1:5, Jeremiah 29:11-13)
22. Praying God’s Word is powerful because it is the TRUTH. (John 17:17, John 8:31-32, Ps33:4, Eph 1:13) and it pleases the heart of God to respond to prayers that delight Him, and we know that His Word gives Him pleasure. (1 John 3:21-22)
23. The boldness of praying the Word strengthens our witness to unbelievers. (1 Peter 2:15)
24. Praying the Word helps us to stand on a firm foundation. (Luke 6:47-48)
25. Praying the Word of God helps us to receive all that God has created with thankfulness and to set these things apart as holy. (1 Timothy 4:4-5, Psalm 33:6, 1 Chronicles 16:23-36)
26. We should pray Scripture SO THAT God is honored and glorified. (John 11:4, John 14:13, Psalm 145:10-12).
- Petitioning before God
We‘ve really found great benefit in writing down petitions to our Lord. It helps to get all your concerns on paper, and there is definitely a release when you do so. Furthermore, you can reflect back in the future and see how the Lord has answered your prayers. So print out a few of these and keep them in your prayer journal.
The Just Live by Faith Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2-3
Petition _______________________________ Date____________________
Phil 4: 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Esther 5:7 Esther answered and said, “My petition and my request is this…
Abba Father, this is my petition and request to You as my Abba Father. In your word Isaiah 49:1 you called me from the womb. (Adonai called Me from the womb, from My mother’s belly He named Me) and you bought us with a price, so we are YOURS. In Romans 8:5-16 you also call me adopted and your son and I call you ABBA Father.
I thank you that you are a good Father that you care for me as per 1 Peter 5:7: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. I now in faith ‘cast my cares’ at your feet and you delight in having a good plan for my life all for your glory.
My petition request is (write it out)
Thank you ABBA Father Through Yeshua our Messiah
Your son/daughter _______________________________(signature)
We also have guidelines on our S4C YouTube channel for prayer and fasting. Be sure to subscribe. https://www.crosswalk.com/ & https://www.harvestprayer.com/resources/personal-2/27-reasons/ and Josephprince.com: https://www.josephprince.com/bible-questions/praying-in-spirit/benefits-tongues
Two great books on Prayer: Possessing the gates of the enemy: A training manual for militant intercession by Cindy Jacobs & The Intercessors handbook: How to pray